Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recipes


As many of you know, I love to cook! This last week I made Evan and I Chinese Stir Fry and Indonesian Banana Dessert. The dessert looked disgusting but was DELICIOUS!!!! For my friends who also love to cook ethnic foods, I got this recipe from About.com

Indonesian Bananas
  • 4 Bananas cut into quarters lengthwise
  • 1 can coconut milk (do not use lite, you need the cream)
  • 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • Mint Leaves
Peel and cut bananas. Steam in a double boiler. (Or try breading and frying the bananas for a fattier, more crunchy recipe)

Mix together dry ingredients: cinnamon, cornstarch, and sugar.

In a saucepan (NO HEAT YET) whip together coconut milk/cream and dry ingredients. Slowly bring to a boil.

Place steamed bananas in individual serving dishes and pour sauce over. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve warm.