Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions Schmesolutions

Every year I do this & every year I fail... kind of. I am doing MUCH better that I was 5 years ago at eating healthy & taking time to get the things done that I want to, so that's still progress right? SO instead of NEW New Year's Resolutions, I'm going to stick with making progress on the old. Curious? Here you go!!!

~ Learn to cook something new that's AMAZING & a keeper recipe
~ Finish writing my book-- this one I REALLY want to accomplish this year. I figure if I work on it a little each week I can have it done, the only problem is, like art, writing requires you to be in a certain "mood" or else the end result is crap.
~ Finish my Christmas Quilt- this one is 6 years in the making... oops
~ Start doing yoga & running again- SOON! The running thing requires not freezing temperatures & the yoga thing requires time. :) Which is something I should have now since I'm only teaching 4 different classes
~ Pass the Praxis, first time taking it next month I think! Keep your fingers crossed that I pass the first time! It's a $180 test! GULP!
~ Get back into the habit of reading my scriptures daily
~ Monthly temple trip
~ Doing daily chores again. I started teaching two night classes & got out of the swing of things.
~ Complete two paintings I can be proud to  hang in my house, this will probably be a summer thing.
~ Get a portfolio ready to apply for a Master's
~ Find a Master's program that will let me teach high school & still get my degree. I'd like to stay away from online & Art Education because my eventual goal is to teach college photography classes
~ Finish the basement & backyard? These are maybes depending on money, but I'd love to get my lighting studio all set up downstairs.
~ Photograph two additional weddings this year... anyone know someone looking for a good photographer??? :)